PINK CONCUSSION FACULTY INTERVIEWS
The PINK Concussions Summit - #PINK3
PINK 3 was held on April 2, 2017, as a post-conference day at IBIA 2017 World Brain Injury Congress in New Orleans.
Below are mini interviews from 3 of the 10 PINK 2 Faculty on their research presentations and their experience at the PINK Concussions' summit. Four more of the speakers have videos in the PINK 2 section.
Concussion Headaches & Migraine
TBI & Minority Women, TBI & Sex Study
Physiology of Concussion/Female Athlete
PINK 3 Faculty who presented at the summit but were not able to be interviewed:
- Angela Colantonio, PhD, OT, FCAHS, FACRM, Rehabilitation Sciences Institute at the University of Toronto
- Juliet K Haarbauer-Krupa, PhD, Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention (DUIP) at the CDC Injury Center
PINK 3 Faculty who presented at the summit who were interviewed below at PINK 2:
- Katherine Helmick, MS, CRNP, ANP-BC, CNRN, Deputy Director, Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC)
- Katherine Price Snedaker, LCSW, PINK Concussions
- Glynnis Zieman, MD, Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center.
- Alina Fong, PhD, Clinical Neuropsychology with an emphasis in neuroradiology
The PINK Concussions Summit - #PINK2
PINK 2 was hosted by Palo Alto VA Healthcare System on October 7-8, 2016.
Below are mini interviews from 17 of the 35 PINK 2 Faculty on their research presentations and their experience at the PINK Concussions' summit.
Note: Play the large video below to watch all 17 videos in a row; or scroll down for the individual videos grouped by topic.
Thank You and Intro
Keynote: Female Service Members/TBI
Hormones and #pinkTBI (female brain injury including concussion)
Animal Models and #pinkTBI
Female Brain Injury from Battlefield and Domestic Violence at Home
Imaging and #pinkTBI
Female Athletes and #pinkTBI Panel
Recovery from #pinkTBI
The Women’s Sports Safety Initiative
2017 PINK Concussions State Award
PINK 2 Faculty who presented at the summit but were not able to be interviewed:
- Ashley Bridwell, LMSW (Barrow Neurological Institute)
- Angela Colantonio, PhD, OT. Reg. (Ont.) (University of Toronto, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute-University Health Network)
- Odette Harris, MD, MPH (DVBIC, Stanford University School of Medicine)
- Halina (Lin) Haag, MSW, RSW (Wilfrid Laurier University)
- Jennifer Jennings, MD (WRIISC)
- Gina McGlinchey, MD (VA Translational Center for TBI and Stress (TRACTS))
- Gigi Satris, MSc (Brain and Spinal Injury Center (B.A.S.I.C.), Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center, UCSF)
- Reema Sha, BSc OT, MA Psych (University of Toronto)
- Tad Seifert, MD (Norton Healthcare, U of K College of Medicine)
- John Yue, MS3 (University of California, San Francisco)
The PINK Concussions Summit - #PINK1
PINK 1 was hosted by Georgetown Medical Center on February, 27-28, 2016.
Two minutes videos by some PINK 1 faculty on their research presentations and their experience at the event.
US Army and NCAA Keynote Speakers
Elizabeth Pieroth, PsyD, ABPP and Maria E. Garay, MSW, PhD spoke but did not have a chance to be interviewed.
WELCOME Steve Stenersen, President of US Lacrosse and PINK Concussions Board Member